At our second event, in 2012, we introduced a competition element to our Show-N-Shine activity. We figured the race cars had a competition opportunity and we might as well do something for the show cars.
In all honesty, this element has been the hardest for us to meet expectations on. We’ve had challenges with weather affecting the time frame, with comments of bias when a sponsor has naming rights to the show and also judges, finding outside judges, hearing from competitors that those outside judges don’t “know our cars”, and we could go on.
Given all this we are introducing a new-to-us format for 2019. A peer-review Participant Judged competition. Owners know these cars so we will let participants in the show vote for their favorites.
How Will It Work
The Show-N-Shine is included with the driver’s VIP Admission.
- When you arrive at Houston Raceway enter at Gate #1.
- Park. Unload.
- Head over to Event HQ to get your entry form and dash number.
- Get your ride show ready.
- When instructed, head back to Event HQ or your ballot.
- Walk around and pick your TEN favorite vehicles of any shape and size.
- Turn your ballot in to Event HQ by 3:00pm. No late ballots will be accepted.
- We will tally the votes and award Favorite Tens in the following groups:
- LX 2005-2009
- LX 2010-2014
- LX 2015-2020
- Truck, Jeep, SUV
- Non LX Cars
- We will notify the Favorite Tens of each group to stage for the Favorite Fifty Parade.
- Be in the grandstands for the t-shirt giveaway, parade, and the MSHS finals.
The Best Fit for LSMF
The overall enthusiast experience is our priority and we have come to realize over the past several years that a casual, participant judged show, is the best fit for LSMF.
We hope you’ll join us this year to spend time with other owners, see old friends and make new ones!